(Last Revised 09/26/14)
Lawyers for Children, Inc. (“LFC,” “we” or “us”) is committed to protecting the privacy of users of the lawyersforchildren.org website (the “Website”). Accordingly, we want you to understand what information we collect about you, how we use it, and the safeguards we have in place to protect it. This policy describes the personal information we collect about you, why we collect it, how we use it, and when we share it with third parties. Our policy also describes the choices you can make about how we collect and use your information. If our policy changes, we will post an updated policy on the Website. You can tell if the policy has changed by checking the revision date that appears above.
The Information We Collect
We only collect personal information through the Website if you choose to make an online donation to LFC. If you choose to do so we collect the information you submit. This information includes some or all of the following types of information:
- The amount of your donation.
- How you would like your donation used.
- Whether the gift is on behalf of a company and whether you prefer to make the donation anonymously.
- Any comments you choose to make in the “comments” box.
- Billing information including your name, address, telephone number and email address.
- Payment information including the information necessary to process a credit card transaction.
- Whether or not your company will match your gift.
- Whether your gift is in honor of, or in memory of, a third person, and, if so, the name of the person.
- Whether you wish LFC to send a letter acknowledging your gift, and if so the relevant information to send the letter.
We do not collect any personal information about visitors to the Website other than the information given voluntarily by those who wish to make online contributions. Once we have collected your donation, we do not store your credit card information.
Using the Information We Collect
When you submit personal information to us in connection with making an online donation we use that information to process the donation. We also store your name and contact information in our data base of donors. We may use that information to send you further information about our organization or to contact you if necessary. You may opt out of receiving further information by opting out as described below.
Information We Share With Others
LFC does not share personally identifiable information with any nonaffiliated third parties, except at your request and with your express permission or in the circumstances described below:
- We may be required to disclose information we collect pursuant to lawful requests, such as subpoenas or court orders, or in compliance with applicable laws, including, without limitation, tax laws and laws regulating charities. We may also disclose that information when we believe disclosure is appropriate to protect the rights, interests, property or safety of LFC or others.
- We may share aggregated statistical data with others for public relations or other purposes. Such data will not, however, be tied to personally identifiable information.
Safeguarding the Information We Collect
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Please note, however, that no transmission over the Internet can be 100% secure. LFC also works to protect user information offline. All of your information is housed in secure, access-restricted areas. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific function are granted access to personally identifiable information. ALTHOUGH LFC WILL USE REASONABLE EFFORTS TO PROVIDE ALL OF THE FOREGOING SECURITY FEATURES, AND TO TREAT ALL DATA IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE POLICIES SET FORTH HEREIN, AS WITH VIRTUALLY ANY COMPUTER SYSTEM, THERE CAN BE NO ABSOLUTE ASSURANCE THAT SECURITY BREACHES WILL NOT OCCUR AND LFC HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR ANY SUCH SECURITY BREACHES.
Correcting/ Updating Information
You may review, correct, modify or delete any information you submit to LFC at any time by relaying your request to LFC any of the following ways:
- Users can send an e-mail request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Postal mail can be sent to Lawyers for Children, Inc., 110 Lafayette Street, 8th Floor, New York, New York 10013.
We may collect non-personal information about how users navigate through the Website. We may aggregate this information to improve our site, and we may share this information with outside companies. This aggregated information does not include individual names or personal data, so it does not identify you or any other donor.
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13 on the Website.
Links to Other Sites
Changes to this Policy
- please write to us at Lawyers for Children, Inc., 110 Lafayette Street, 8th Floor, New York, New York 10013.
- call us at (212) 966-6420
- email us at email@example.com
© 2014 Lawyers for Children, Inc.
All Rights Reserved