Lawyers For Children attorneys work alongside our social workers, as a team. Duties include client interviews, investigation, trial preparation/strategy, preparation of legal memos and motions, general courtroom advocacy in trials/colloquy, and oral advocacy as necessary for case conferences and case follow-up. LFC's attorneys are leaders in the provision of legal services to children and young adults in child protective, foster care, custody, visitation, termination of parental rights guardianship, adoption, and related proceedings.
- Admitted to NYS Bar
- Minimum of 2 years litigation experience in NYS Family Courts
- Demonstrated commitment to the rights of children and youth
- Commitment to interdisciplinary practice of law using an attorney-social worker team model
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure and in crisis situations
- Well-organized, motivated, creative and independent
- Skilled at working in a team-oriented environment
- Commitment to providing culturally sensitive services
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, writing, and interviewing skills
- All applicants should submit a cover letter, and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.